Wednesday 27 April 2011

I am starting a new thing

My friend Rob and I have started a new house group, with our second meeting coming up this evening. How did this happen – I never start new things! It's all very odd but also rather exciting... We've got two slightly unusual things in mind with the group, so it is very much an experiment. Firstly, our plan is that everyone in the group will be expected to contribute their ideas and thoughts for what we should do. It won't just be up to Rob and me as the group's founders. And secondly, we have in mind that most of the meetings will be pretty spontaneous, with everyone sharing in whatever way they like from their ongoing life with God. We want to give God as much space as we possibly can to do whatever it is that he wants to each week.

Rob's been involved in something quite a lot like this before but I've only led a few short sessions, not a proper house group. So this is all new for me – who knows how it will turn out? There's only Rob and me at the moment but we'll be chatting to people at the Sunday church meetings and getting something on the church website and places like that. If you're in Southampton Vineyard or you just live in the Southampton area then do get in touch with me to find out more. I'm on Facebook so send me a message, or email the church. We'd love to hear from you! And wish us well...

2 comments:

  1. I wish you well! Our small group is a little like that in that we have no designated leader and we decide what to do as a group. Seems to work pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I didn't know that, Tim! Drop me an email to tell me more, would you?

    ReplyDelete